Change Control Notice
Details of the changes and the relevant documents are contained in the files above
Title – New CNSP Insolvency related obligations
Change to: HSCN Obligations Framework
Introduce new Commercial Addendum (this includes details of changes required to the HSCN MST) – see document “Commercial Addendum v1.0” provided with this change request.
New entry (new obligation in version 4.4 of the Obligations Framework) in the HSCN OF to read as follows: “OPNSP 11, Commercial Addendum, The HSCN Supplier shall comply with the obligations set out in the HSCN Commercial Addendum”.
- CNSPs required to monitor the financial health of itself and material sub-contractors (and where applicable guarantors).
- CNSPs required to report the occurrence of a financial distress event to the HSCN Authority and to report on financial risk mitigation (under provisions similar to the standard GLS model contract).
- Customers will be given the right to novate a contract where they have the right to terminate for material default, financial standing deterioration or insolvency – enacted via the HSCN Mandatory Standard Terms.
- CNSPs obligated to provide appropriate support for the novation.
Reason for change – Introduces improved monitoring of the financial health of CNSPs and facilitates service continuity / minimises the risk of service disruption should a CNSP insolvency occur.
Status – Major revision – a material change. Responses to be returned by 23rd April 2019.
- In principle I have no issue with the change. Section 4 of the Commercial Addendum which refers to amendments to the Mandatory Supplemental Terms is quite onerous, but probably necessary if any CNSP got themselves into such difficulty.
The following CN-SPs were consulted
- Convergence (Group Networks) Limited
- MLL Telecom Limited
- Redcentric Solutions Limited
- AdEPT Telecom PLC
- British Telecommunications PLC
- Piksel Limited (Carelink)
- Daisy Communications Limited
- Exponential-e Limited
- IT Professional Services Limited
- KCOM Group Public Limited Company
- CenturyLink Communications UK Limited
- Node 4 Limited
- NYNET Limited
- OCSL Managed Services Limited
- Updata Infrastructure (UK) Limited
- The Networking People (Northwest Ltd)
- Virgin Media Business Limited
- UKFast.net Limited
- Gamma Telecom
- High Speed Office
- Intercity Technology Ltd
- IQVIA Solutions UK Ltd
- Telefonica UK Limited