Change Control Notice
Details of the changes and the relevant documents are contained in the files above
Title – Rewrite of TOPS7
Change to: HSCN Obligations Framework
Rewrite Obligation Framework TOPS7. – HSCN suppliers to use either their own or a reputable NTP source (of stratum 3 or better), to synchronise the HSCN infrastructure and access connectivity components (such as HSCN CPE’s). The service must be implemented in line with IETF standards (including but not limited to: RFC2827; RFC5905; BCP38), and its use comply with the CNSP’s CAS(T) requirements.
Reason for change – BT TN NTP service is not being maintained post TN cessation. Services/suppliers/CNSP’s etc that have been using this service will need to change to use other services available which adhere to IETF standards and best practices. Therefore we need to amend the Obligations framework to all HSCN suppliers to use reputable source’s for NTP for their own HSCN infrastructure and for the CPE’s etc, and should be implemented and managed in line with IETF standards for NTP. Making this change immediately, will reduce costs, as it limits the amount of changes required as not all consumers have migrated to HSCN yet so this change can be incorporated into their migrations and done only once. NHS Digital will need to raise a change for the CNSP’s to amend the sites already deployed.
Status – Minor revision – . Responses to be returned by close of play on 17th May 2019.
No response assumes acceptance
- No responses were received and thus this change is accepted.
The following CN-SPs were consulted
- Convergence (Group Networks) Limited
- MLL Telecom Limited
- Redcentric Solutions Limited
- AdEPT Telecom PLC
- British Telecommunications PLC
- Piksel Limited (Carelink)
- Daisy Communications Limited
- Exponential-e Limited
- IT Professional Services Limited
- KCOM Group Public Limited Company
- CenturyLink Communications UK Limited
- Node 4 Limited
- NYNET Limited
- OCSL Managed Services Limited
- Updata Infrastructure (UK) Limited
- The Networking People (Northwest Ltd)
- Virgin Media Business Limited
- UKFast.net Limited
- Gamma Telecom
- High Speed Office
- Intercity Technology Ltd
- IQVIA Solutions UK Ltd
- Telefonica UK Limited