Change Control Notice
Change Reference: – 0032 20191207
Title: – HSCN Solution Overview re-write
Date:– 10th December 2019
Change to:- HSCN Solution Overview (v4)
Dialogue: – The full document has been updated to reflect the latest changes to the HSCN solution overview. These changes are namely updates of wording to reference Secure Boundary and reference any CAS-T changes.
CAS-T: NCSC announced the CAS(T) regime was ceased in September 2019. This was done without consultation to NHS Digital and no replacement scheme has been implemented by NCSC yet. An interim solution has been put in place which is essentially a valid IS27001 cert issued by a UKAS auditor, and up to date ITHC to support their HLD and a detailed up to date response to the BCDR controls (annex A).
Secure Boundary: The ANM contract is approaching the end of its term. As such, the service is being replaced by Secure Boundary which is being supplied by Accenture. Having a central cyber security function is integral to HSCN and the wider NHS and Secure Boundary offers that with richer functionality. All CNSPs have had engagement from Accenture and the HSCN programme. Please note this change doesn’t include the connectivity guidance which will be distributed at a later date. This is simply updating the wording in the current documents to reference Secure Boundary.
Change reason –To meet a regulatory requirement
Change Level – Major.
Comments due back by 10th January 2020.
No comment is assumed to be acceptance.
- Not accepted. All CNSPs consume services/products from communication providers, greater understanding of the implications of this proposed change is required.
- This has been discussed at the CAS(T) forum [but not with CN-SPs] and there was an interim solution published by NHS Digital which was designed to maintain the standard with minimal impact to CNSPs. This was shared as part of the change request. The only further demand on CNSPs is that their ISO27001:2013 certification is awarded from a UKAS affiliated auditor. Unfortunately the removal of CAS(T) was beyond the scope of NHS Digital. The NCSC website has a statement around the removal of CAS(T) and that can be located on the following link. https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/cas-t-policy-and-guidance-documents
- A commercial review of the proposed changes is required.
- Please can some more information around this comment be provided. NHS Digital don’t believe that the move to Secure Boundary from ANM means any change to the commercial model.
- A call is requested with NHS-Digital to walk thorough the changes.
- A call is arranged for 9th January @ 10:00.
The following CN-SPs are consulted
- Convergence (Group Networks) Limited
- MLL Telecom Limited
- Redcentric Solutions Limited
- AdEPT Telecom PLC
- British Telecommunications PLC
- Piksel Limited (Carelink)
- Daisy Communications Limited
- Exponential-e Limited
- IT Professional Services Limited
- KCOM Group Public Limited Company
- CenturyLink Communications UK Limited
- Node 4 Limited
- NYNET Limited
- OCSL Managed Services Limited
- Updata Infrastructure (UK) Limited
- The Networking People (Northwest Ltd)
- Virgin Media Business Limited
- UKFast.net Limited
- Gamma Telecom
- High Speed Office
- Intercity Technology Ltd
- IQVIA Solutions UK Ltd
- Telefonica UK Limited
- CANCOM UK Managed Services