Change Control Notice
Change Reference: – 0016 20191127
Date:- 27th November 2019
Title: – All documents need references to ANM and CAS-T removing and new references for SecBo and the CAS-T equivalent.
Change to:- Change required to all public facing HSCN compliance documents
Dialogue –All documents are subject to two fairly significant updates. The most significant updates to key documents have been itemised throughout this change note. However, the rest of the public facing HSCN documents are subject to the same changes. The first of the two updates that is required is detailed below.
CAS-T: NCSC announced the CAS(T) regime was ceased in September 2019. This was done without consultation to NHS Digital and no replacement scheme has been implemented by NCSC yet. An interim solution has been put in place which is essentially a valid IS27001 cert issued by a UKAS auditor, and up to date ITHC to support their HLD and a detailed up to date response to the BCDR controls (annex A).
This change will cover all the wording updates that were required to remove CAS-T references and replaced with the new interim solution. The scope of these changes will cover all compliance documents available on the HSCN website.
Change reason – To meet a regulatory requirement.
Change Level – Minor.
- We have reviewed the content but I advise is unable to review fully as the documents refer out to other documents which have not been made available. Can you arrange please for all referenced documents to be made available to undertake a full review?
- The only documents that have been submitted are the ones that have had changes made to them. This was easier than submitting every HSCN document. If the document hasn’t been included in the submission then no updates have been made to it and it currently exists on the HSCN website. https://digital.nhs.uk/services/health-and-social-care-network/hscn-suppliers Please identify any documents which aren’t located in the submission or on this website so these to be included in the submission if they are missing?
- Our view is this change should be reclassified to “Major” due to the amount of work required to effect the changes. For example for 0017 20191127 our view is the move away from ANM to Secure Boundary as a Major change requiring time to impact the change and develop an implementation plan as well as, of course, the time to deploy. Whilst we has been provided with a draft Connection Guide, we can only evaluate the impact upon receipt of the final Guide.
- Due to comments made, extra time has been allowed to bring all the recent changes (0016 onwards) to effectively become Major.
- A commercial review of the proposed changes is required.
- Please can some more information around this comment be provided. NHS Digital don’t believe that the move to Secure Boundary from ANM means any change to the commercial model.
This change has NOT been accepted.
Remedial Action –
- All referenced documentation to be provided.
- Further time is to be allowed (to be advised) for review following distribution of documentation.
The following CN-SPs are consulted
- Convergence (Group Networks) Limited
- MLL Telecom Limited
- Redcentric Solutions Limited
- AdEPT Telecom PLC
- British Telecommunications PLC
- Piksel Limited (Carelink)
- Daisy Communications Limited
- Exponential-e Limited
- IT Professional Services Limited
- KCOM Group Public Limited Company
- CenturyLink Communications UK Limited
- Node 4 Limited
- NYNET Limited
- OCSL Managed Services Limited
- Updata Infrastructure (UK) Limited
- The Networking People (Northwest Ltd)
- Virgin Media Business Limited
- UKFast.net Limited
- Gamma Telecom
- High Speed Office
- Intercity Technology Ltd
- IQVIA Solutions UK Ltd
- Telefonica UK Limited
- CANCOM UK Managed Services