Change Control Notice
Change Reference: – 0017 20191127
Title: – All documents need references to ANM and CAS-T removing and new references for SecBo and the CAS-T equivalent.
Date: – 27th November 2019
Change to:- Change required to all public facing HSCN compliance documents
Dialogue – All documents are subject to two fairly significant updates. The most significant updates to key documents have been itemised throughout this change note. However, the rest of the public facing HSCN documents are subject to the same changes. The second of the two updates that is required is detailed below.
Secure Boundary: The ANM contract is approaching the end of its term. As such, the service is being replaced by Secure Boundary which is being supplied by Accenture. Having a central cyber security function is integral to HSCN and the wider NHS and Secure Boundary offers that with richer functionality. All CNSPs have had engagement from Accenture and the HSCN programme. Please note this change doesn’t include the connectivity guidance which will be distributed at a later date. This is simply updating the wording in the current documents to reference Secure Boundary.
This change covers all the wording updates that were required to remove ANM references and replaced with the new Secure Boundary solution. The scope of these changes cover all compliance documents available on the HSCN website.
Change reason – To meet a regulatory requirement.
Change Level – Minor.
- We have reviewed the content but I advise is unable to review fully as the documents refer out to other documents which have not been made available. Can you arrange please for all referenced documents to be made available to undertake a full review?
- Our view is this change should be reclassified to “Major” due to the amount of work required to effect the changes. For example for 0017 20191127 our view is the move away from ANM to Secure Boundary as a Major change requiring time to impact the change and develop an implementation plan as well as, of course, the time to deploy. Whilst we has been provided with a draft Connection Guide, we can only evaluate the impact upon receipt of the final Guide.
This change has NOT been accepted.
Remedial Action –
- All referenced documentation to be provided.
- Further time is to be allowed (to be advised) for review following distribution of documentation.
The following CN-SPs are consulted
- Convergence (Group Networks) Limited
- MLL Telecom Limited
- Redcentric Solutions Limited
- AdEPT Telecom PLC
- British Telecommunications PLC
- Piksel Limited (Carelink)
- Daisy Communications Limited
- Exponential-e Limited
- IT Professional Services Limited
- KCOM Group Public Limited Company
- CenturyLink Communications UK Limited
- Node 4 Limited
- NYNET Limited
- OCSL Managed Services Limited
- Updata Infrastructure (UK) Limited
- The Networking People (Northwest Ltd)
- Virgin Media Business Limited
- UKFast.net Limited
- Gamma Telecom
- High Speed Office
- Intercity Technology Ltd
- IQVIA Solutions UK Ltd
- Telefonica UK Limited
- CANCOM UK Managed Services