At present Vodafone’s Gigafast FTTP packages are only available via Cityfibre’s new network as part of an exclusivity deal, which remains in place until each city network build has completed
Delivering a technology outlook for 2020 might prove to be more difficult this year as just the year itself, 2020, begs for a 20/20 perfect vision.
What we do know with reasonable certainty is that Moore’s Law is still relevant, with the speed and capabilities of computers continuing to double every few years.
However, many futurists in the telecoms industry now believe that Moore’s Law will reach its limits in 2020 as chipmakers hit serious physical limitations.
News items for the week commencing 4th November 2019
– Manchester appoints suppliers to develop digital platform for care
– Using GPUs to keep commuters moving
– What you need To know about Wi-Fi 6’s and Role of AI
– Ofcom’s temporary CEO
– Nokia & Microsoft to collaborate on cloud, IoT, SD-WAN and 5G
– New build behind on superfast BB
– Is AI over hyped for telecoms?
– 10Mbps USO
– UK govt tells OFCOM priorities
plus Internet First and Digitech19
In this episode, Lynne Magennis talks to Georgina Owens, SVP of DAZN about Digital Transformation, about what impact it is making on our lives, Digital Identity and listening to the Voice of the Customer.
News for week commencing 28th October 2019
– Cloud First is here to stay
– Care leavers in Leeds benefit from new DIY SOS scheme
– BT: Convergence is key as consumers demand next generation connectivity
– Care robots could revolutionise UK care system and provide staff extra support.
– Reform calls for dedicated procurement watchdog
– MPs demand action over rise in online bank crashes
– Local Government’s united front
– Vodafone UK First to Jump on London Underground 4G Network
– The MOD slowly edging towards a new approach to IT and communications