Government Networks Services 2 framework goes live GovTech LeadersNetwork Services 2 worth £5bn designed to drive further technological change across the public sector Network Services 2 – the framework for central government and wider public sector bodies which need...
How 5G technologies can be implemented more efficiently Tech RadarNewspaper reports have claimed that ISP BT are in early discussions with Apple over what could represent a significant shift in their Pay TV strategy within the United Kingdom, which might result in...
Healthcare primed to become fastest-growing sector for data readinessBuilding Better Healthcare With healthcare data demand set to outpace streaming services by 2025, a new white paper from IDC, has been launched, revealing that the healthcare industry...
Google's cloud business under Greene was plagued by internal clashes, missed acquisitions, insiders sayCNBC When Google CEO Sundar Pichai handed Diane Greene the keys to the company's fledgling cloud business three years ago, it was supposed to mark the...
Google went down after traffic was routed through China and Russia Engadget Google's services went down for an hour yesterday after its IP addresses were routed way from normal paths to Nigeria, China and Russia. Google told Ars Technica. Government-owned...
News from across the Public Sector and Industry for w/c29th October 2018
– BT increases profit on declining revenues by getting rid of 2,000 people
– UK Government Allocates £200M for Full Fibre Broadband in Hard-to-Reach Areas
– SD-WAN drivers, strategies are broad and deep, survey find
– ‘GDS’s future mission needs clarifying’
– Hyperoptic full-fibre network hits public housing milestone
– Universal Credit tech leader joins Home Office as CTO
– Memo to Mark Sedwill: Here’s how to reboot government IT
– Government Prep Another £250m+ for UK Full Fibre Broadband
– What can I say about this 5G elixir? Try it on steaks! Cleans nylons! It’s made for the home! The office! On fruits!
Let’s speed up the transformation of NHS services National Health Executive The NHS is arguably the UK’s greatest asset, but it’s facing major challenges. Patients are constantly demanding more of the service. People are living longer, and a 65-year-old...
In this week’s news round up we bring you:-
– Ministry of Justice to move infrastructure to the public cloud
– 59% of UK Telecoms Workers Suffer Stress
– Lack of Broadband Access Can Hinder Rural Telehealth Programs
– Ericsson sales boosted by early 5G adoption
– Is this the first 5G phone?
– What Constitutes a Commercial 5G Network
– UK public sector stuck in business process dark ages
– Public-private commissioning: a question of trust
– Good data governance is good business
and a new podcast on Zero Trust Networking
News from across the Public Sector for week commencing 8th October 2018
– BT and EE Seeking UK Broadband Pay TV Deal with Apple
– The case for an innovation committee in local government
– EE UK Switches On First Live Trial of 5G Mobile Tech in Canary Wharf
– Home Office appears set for new ESN move with launch of Air to Ground communications pre-tender
– Fibre island: How Jersey went ultra-fast
– 5G news: 2025 will be the ‘tipping point’ for 5G
– High demand for usage sees CCS more than double spending on new procurement platform
– Why broadband and Telehealth are interconnected
– The race for 5G is on – Literally!
Payments are the life blood of Commerce, should should there be tighter regulation?